It really has been a while since I last wrote anything in my blog. There was a period of a few months where I was working on completing my thesis that writing became the last thing on my mind when it comes to relax and recreation.
It is surreal how I have left another chapter of my life behind me and how a new one is presented. The transition has been smoother than I thought it would be though the change is rather drastic. I now wear a shirt and pants rather than jeans and a T-shirt. I’m concerned with the stock market rather than where next to ski. My vocabulary speaks of grown-up things rather than silly idioms to celebrate moments of nothingness.
Perhaps I’m making up for lost time. Though laughter is harder to find, there is perhaps a new sense of purpose. The academic life is left behind but not forgotten. I miss the youthful exuberance of the students and my prerogative to place my feet on the desk and enjoy my siesta.
A new chapter beckons. I can only pray that I’m ready for it.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't you do both?
The richest chapters in any story are the ones that embrace what has come before while laying the groundwork for the next.
Just because you're out of academia doesn't mean you can't be obsessed with the best slopes!
But hey, good luck on your grown-up life. make it as fun as you can.
I really love the way you write, Mok. Keep it up!
Post a Comment